Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 3

I was supposed to get up early and meet Angela because Annika had class early. Well that of course didn't happen. I didn't wake up until 10:30! I was supposed to be walking to the bus stop by then! I blame it on the blinds being closed! When I woke up at 10:30 my room was still dark, so that MUST be why I woke up late ;) I went into town and met up with everyone at the cafe that has become one of our favorite spots. From there we went and explored some more. Jason, Angela, Vanessa, Evan and I did some shopping at all the stands set up (us girls got scarves!) and H&M and got some delicious gelato!
Our meeting place :)

Jason as Jason Mraz

Mmmmmmm gelato

soooo happy!

Eventually it was time to go to PH for class. Our first class was a language course where we are supposed to practice our german with students who are learning english. Today we spent the whole time speaking with the PH students in english, which was fine with all of us :) Angela and I met some very nice girls whose names we didn't catch who we will be sure to talk with again and get to know better. Our second class was a culture class about Berlin taught by our very own Professor Anderson! The whole class will be in german so that is not too great totally awesome for our language skills. Jason may or may not have started to fall asleep along with an also drowsy Angela :P
After class there was a party/reception for us (American students), our host families, and other students from PH who have studied at GVSU. It was nice to socialize and laugh! I made some new friends (Anne and Sabrina) who are super nice and are ready to get me drunk want to make sure I have a great time here ;)
For dinner Janine made gnocchi in a garlic sauce with some bacon and onions in it. YUM! It was good. Then I finally gave them their presents from America and they loved them! (See mom I finally got that done)
Jason, Angela and I are hoping to plan a short trip to Paris and either London or Italy! We want to see as much as possible while here, and why not? It is all just a few hours away by train!
Well I think that is all for today. I have homework to do and some shut eye to get!
Bis Morgen!
Lots of love from Schwäbisch Gmünd!

Katy Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment